Methadone Detox at Pines Recovery Life Detox in Palm Beach
Methadone addiction is no joke. And methadone detox is not an easy journey to complete. That is why an experienced and committed partner is essential in recovering from methadone addiction. Pines Recovery Life Detox is that partner. Our medical and therapeutic teams are uniquely positioned and skilled at guiding you or your loved one through the withdrawal and recovery process of methadone addiction.
Unfortunately, a physical addiction to methadone doesn’t take long to develop. This is made doubly unfortunate by the fact that the withdrawal symptoms can be powerful. Methadone users usually start feeling withdrawal symptoms within 24 hours of their last dose. However, others don’t feel the pangs of withdrawal for several days after their last dose.
Methadone Withdrawal Symptoms & Timeline
The first seven to 10 days are the most painful days of withdrawal. The entire withdrawal process takes three to six weeks. The withdrawal process may be longer for those with severe addiction and for those who have been taking a higher dose than 40 milligrams.
The First 24 Hours
- Chills, fever
- Rapid heartbeat
- Muscle aches
- Flu-like symptoms
- Strong methadone cravings
- Paranoia, hallucinations
- Irritability, anxiety
- Flu-like symptoms persisting
- Most physical symptoms are over
- Strong methadone cravings
- Depression – sometimes severe
- No motivation, no feelings of pleasure
- Intermittent depression may occur
- Other mild symptoms may remain for several weeks
- This timeline is for someone taking up to a maximum of 40 milligrams. For those using more than that dosage, the timeline will likely be different.
Methadone is most commonly used for two reasons: detox from opioid dependence and opioid replacement therapy. The dosage depends on the goal of treatment. The medically approved dosing information below applies to adults.
Short-Term Detox with Methadone
When medical professionals use methadone to detox a patient from opioid addiction, they are encouraged to treat it as a brief course to stabilize the patient. After stabilization, a period of medically supervised withdrawal is supposed to occur with a gradual reduction in dosage.
Methadone Dosing for Opioid Dependence
When methadone is used for detoxification and maintenance treatment of opioid addiction, the dose administered is different than in short-term detox. When seeking treatment for opioid addiction, patients should only use methadone in conjunction with appropriate medical, social, and psychological services.
Why Methadone May Be Given for Opioid Detox
The goal of using methadone to detox someone from heroin or other strong opioids is to:
- Titrate to a dose that prevents opioid withdrawal.
- Reduce the patient’s hunger and craving for their addictive drug of choice.
- Block the euphoric effects of recreational opioid use.
- Ensure the patient is tolerant of the sedative effects of methadone.
- Reach a commonly targeted range of 80 to 120 milligrams daily for therapeutic efficacy.
For cessation of therapy, abrupt discontinuation is not advised due to severe withdrawal effects. Decreasing the patient’s dose should typically be only 10 percent at a time every 10 to 14 days.
Whether you or your loved one’s methadone addiction stems from medically prescribed methadone or other avenues of procuring the drug makes no difference. At Pines Recovery Life Detox, we are ready to tackle this methadone detox with you, supporting you every step of the way, and ensuring that your methadone addiction ends the moment that you enter Pines Recovery Life’ door. Freedom from this addiction awaits.
Help With Detoxing From Methadone
Give yourself or your loved one the best chance at getting sober safely and staying sober by admitting to our Palm Beach methadone detox center. Get help from the caring and experienced staff at Pines Recovery Life Detox.
Get started on the road to recovery today at our state-of-the-art medical detox. Call Now 800.263.3869!
Alcohol Detox Center
Drug Detox Center
Heroine Detox Center
Benzo Rehabilitation Clinics
Cocaine Detox Facilities in Palm Beach
Palm Beach Meth Addiction Treatment
Prescription Drugs Addiction Treatment in Palm Beach
Palm Beach Opioid Rehab Centers
- Codeine Addiction Treatment Palm Beach
- Fentanyl Treatment Centers in Palm Beach
- Morphine Recovery Clinics Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Oxycodone Addiction Recovery
- Hydrocodone Rehabilitation Clinics Palm Beach