The drinking culture in the United States is pervasive. Cheap drinks are everywhere, as the use of alcohol in everything from celebration to mourning is a well-accepted part of our lives. For many people, this means that they must live in a constant battle with the disease of alcohol addiction.
People who develop an alcohol addiction often have certain genetic markers that make them more likely to fall victim to the disease. However, the causes are often a complex combination of factors. Whatever the origin, it is important to remember:
- Alcohol addiction is a medical disease that can be just as lethal as heart disease or cancer.
- People who suffer from this disease are not always in control of their actions.
- This condition causes neurochemical changes to the brain that can trigger depression and other mental health issues.
A significant percentage of Americans develop symptoms of the disease in their lifetimes, which means that doctors and other medical professionals now have well-researched alcohol addiction treatments, leading to lasting recovery. Good treatment will include a variety of therapeutic tools such as specialized therapy and special medications. Finding support at a facility like Pines Recovery Life Detox can help you or a loved one heal and recover.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment Must Be Personalized
Someone who has alcohol dependence will need help to heal and learn good long-term strategies. Excellent programs at centers like Next Wind Recovery are designed to be flexible and customized to the needs of each client, based on expert mental and physical screening. Everyone is different, and sometimes it can be hard to know if you or a loved one may need alcohol addiction treatment. These are some possible signs of the disease to watch out for:
- Growing tolerance for alcohol — As people get used to drinking, their bodies will need more of it to feel good or even to get drunk at all. This is when the disease will begin to interrupt daily life and cause physical problems like organ damage and an increase in the toxicity of other medications.
- Visible changes in behavior — The disease will dictate how people relate to others, and often people with an alcohol addiction will end friendships and start new ones based on who drinks and who doesn’t. This can also mean hiding their drinking from family members and developing professional problems at work.
- Emotional and mental health problems — People with co-occurring mental health disorders will begin showing symptoms of these, such as increased anxiety, extreme lethargy, or more serious symptoms such as the hallucinations associated with schizophrenia.
Expert Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
Pines Recovery Life Detox has a high-quality, professional, and compassionate treatment center in Florida. We design solutions that cater to your individual needs and specific lifestyle. Depending on your case, we will use tools like medication-assisted treatment designed to keep you healthy and functional during recovery. Many people benefit from our intensive outpatient program (IOP), which includes:
- Flexible scheduling to fit your life — You may not be able just to quit your job or put your life totally on hold for treatment, and we know that. Our specialized treatment will be organized around your schedule while maintaining the best possible care.
- Focused individual therapy — Our addiction professionals will work hard with you to identify all the triggers and possible mental health challenges that surround your struggle with alcohol dependence.
- Group Therapy — You will need strong social bonds and support networks to make your recovery permanent. Our IOP program is centered around therapist-guided sessions with your peers that will give you excellent, real-life survival skills. What better way to learn from friends who face the same challenges but who have real empathy for you?
Find Out How Pines Recovery Life Detox Can Help You
No matter how many times you may have tried to quit drinking before, we believe that real healing and personal success are possible. To find out more details about our different programs and therapies, have a look online here. Or call one of our professionals and ask anything you want at 800.263.3869, or contact us online.
- Alcohol detox program
- Benzo detox program
- Cocaine detox program
- Heroin detox program
- Opiate detox program
- Meth detox program
- Methadone detox program
- Prescription drug detox program
- Suboxone detox program
FOLLOW PINES RECOVERY LIFE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!