Imagine this: you have a few drinks with some friends, and you have a great night. You do this again every weekend. Every weekend turns into weekdays, sometimes with your friends and sometimes in your living room alone. Some days, you start drinking in the morning to get your day started, and suddenly, you can’t live without a drink in your hand.
More than 75,000 deaths annually are attributed to the excessive consumption of alcohol, according to Ralph W. Hingson, a Professor at the Boston University School of Public Health. Excessive Alcohol Consumption is also the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. Alcohol use disorder or AUD is a chronic disease characterized by the inability to control drinking due to both a physical and emotional dependence on alcohol. Those who struggle with alcohol addiction (what was called alcoholism for a long time before preferred terminology changed) feel they cannot function normally without alcohol. In turn, this affects their professional goals, personal matters, and the family and friends in their lives.
Alcohol addiction is a tough journey to go through. Fortunately, alcohol abuse is treatable with the right program and a customized therapy plan, which Pines Recovery Life Detox can offer.
How Is Therapy Essential To Getting Clean?
It is already hard enough to admit you or a loved one has an alcohol problem, but once this has been admitted, the process to detox from alcohol can begin. Alcohol detoxification is the abrupt cessation of alcohol intake in individuals that suffer from alcohol dependence; it is the first step in treating alcoholism.
As the alcohol is flushing from your body, withdrawal symptoms will begin to show. These can be as serious as tremors, seizures, disorientation, and extreme hallucinations, to more minor symptoms such as sweating, anxiety, headaches, and nausea. It is important to remember that the timeline for recovery varies from person to person; the time that withdrawal symptoms begin to show depends on how severe your alcohol dependence was.
While alcohol is leaving your body, in addition to medical help, it is important to treat the alcohol detox with holistic therapies. After being dependent on alcohol for so long, it is important to try to get back to your body’s natural state before life with a drink in your hand. With the help of important nutrients and vitamins, a healthier diet and lifestyle can make the alcohol detox a bit more bearable.
The Value of Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapy aims to treat the whole individual, not just the physical symptoms of addiction but the mental, emotional, practical, and social aspects of the disease. One way to do this is through nutrition and vitamin therapy:
- Nutritional therapy: Nutritional Therapy is just what it sounds like: an evidence-based approach to improving one’s health through individually formulated nutritional and lifestyle changes. The idea is that if you pair a well-balanced lifestyle with prepared, nutrient-dense, and whole-food diets, you can improve one’s mental, physical and emotional state. This kind of therapy has its origins in ancient Greece, China, India, and Europe. In fact, the first recorded dietary advice was carved into a Babylonian stone tablet in 2500 B.C.; it warned others that if you were in pain, avoid eating onions for three days. Its goal is to identify a health concern, in this case, alcoholism, and then recommend a revised lifestyle plan that includes the appropriate foods and nutrients.
- Vitamin Therapy: This approach can be used alongside other treatments to provide a person with the right anti-oxidants and vitamins. Studies have shown that Vitamin Therapy has proven to help with chronic illnesses. It is important to discuss with a doctor before adding vitamin therapy to your daily routine to ensure it will work to its fullest to ensure a positive lifestyle outcome.
For these and all forms of holistic therapy, the goal is to identify and treat underlying biochemical imbalances so the brain and the rest of the body can return to balance. That is why dietary changes and supplements are a key part of any alcohol detox.
The Importance of Therapy in Alcohol Detox
Because alcohol can impact people of many ages, both Nutritional Therapy and Vitamin Therapy can benefit anyone who has been under the influence. Studies show that those who began drinking before the age of 14 were more likely to experience alcohol dependence overall, especially within the next ten years of their life.
Luckily, both therapies don’t have age restrictions since they benefit anyone trying to detox from alcohol. A healthy lifestyle aided by vitamins, nutrition, and professionals is never a bad choice for anyone, especially those who need it.
Some other therapies we offer at Pines Recovery Life Detox include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Contingency management
- CRAFT (Community Reinforcement and Family Training)
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
Other positive aspects of using therapy side-to-side with alcohol detox are that it can help patients stabilize their mood, reduce stress, heal and nourish the body, and reduce cravings for drugs and alcohol. Additionally, this kind of therapy can also address any other medical conditions that have co-occurred or resulted from substance abuse. Overall, the goal is to encourage self-care and a much healthier lifestyle.
Discover Healing with Support from Pines Recovery Life Detox
While there is no set timeline for getting better, it does take time, hard work, dedication, and perseverance. The professionals at Pines Recovery Life Detox are prepared to work with individuals to identify their needs, make a plan to meet their goals, and patiently support them as they heal. The end of your pain is closer than you think.
- Alcohol detox program
- Benzo detox program
- Cocaine detox program
- Heroin detox program
- Opiate detox program
- Meth detox program
- Methadone detox program
- Prescription drug detox program
- Suboxone detox program
FOLLOW PINES RECOVERY LIFE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!